A Personal Asset Starter
To begin with, you have basic assets. The physical objects you hold dear. Your own talents and skills, your family or friends, the groups you belong to or your economic assets; what you spend or save or sell. Let’s start with those.
Fill out this personal asset starter and see what comes to mind. This is just a first glance of assets you are most aware of. Write down whatever to your mind.
Begin With Basic Assets
· What is your cup half full of?
· What do you have to be thankful for?
· What are some physical things that you value?
· What are you good at?
· What do you know something about?
· Who are the people you know or care about?
· What groups of people do you belong to?
· Where do you work or volunteer?
· What institutions make decisions that affect you?
· What do you do to make money?
· What do you spend money on?
*** Congratulations ***
You just recognized and affirmed some of your assets. When you recognize even a few gifts, strengths, or assets, you are looking at the half-full cup.
For many people, taking even a small step like this starts to feel fresh and uplifting. So often, we make lists of things we haven’t done, problems we haven’t fixed, and complaints we haven’t addressed. We get so accustomed to dealing with negatives that we forget what it feels like to focus on the positives.
Just looking at assets, then, you might feel set free. But you’ve only scratched the surface. You may have many more assets than this.
This is a great start !!!